Marked wrong file

Sep 23, 2013 at 3:59 PM
Misunderstanding the instructions, I marked a device I wanted to keep. Now I can't "unmark" it. I HAVE NOT run the program, so everything is as it was, except the device I want to keep is marked. The "Remove device" which I presume means remove it from the Removal list, is greyed out and doesn't work. I don't see the removal list anywhere to edit it, and the window shows 1 item to be removed, except I don't want to do that. There's no other control panel to reset; tried restarting - still there. Next is to uninstall totally. There must be an easier way.

I love the concept behind the tool; I think the context instructions and naming could be clearer. But maybe that's just me!
Coordinator
Sep 23, 2013 at 4:20 PM
Edited Sep 23, 2013 at 4:23 PM
Normally if you right click the device you should be able to unmark it (or the class if you used that).

Beware that if you selected to mark a device class you can only unmark the device class and not devices. Same holds for wildcards.

Uninstall will not work as the config file mentioned below is created by the program after installation, so will remain after a de-install.

If everything fails just type %appdata%\ghostbuster in the start menu's run dialog and you will end up in the directory where the config file is stored. It's called ghostbuster.ini and if you delete it all settings are reset. With care editing it with notepad is also an option.

Regards
wvd_vegt
Marked as answer by wvd_vegt on 12/31/2014 at 6:10 AM