Corsair keyboard has a "service" ghost which ruined all my usb ports. How to remove?

Jun 25, 2014 at 6:38 PM
So I have a Corsair K90 keyboard. It's the worst thing EVER (driver wise).

http://i.imgur.com/FZ1jIgU.png

These are ALL my usb ports in which I've used the keyboard. They all have worked once, but after unplugging it once, they stopped working. So I had to go to a new port every time, and now I've run out. I now can no longer use the corsair K90 or K95 in windows at all. It does however work in the bios.

Anway, if it was just a ghost, I could remove it. I wish I could. I've used ghostbuster many times for this. But corsair has it as a service, so I can't remove it.

And it's also not in services in the task manager, and also not in the services screen where you can start and stop them. I swear, I can't find it.

Please help me because I ruined all my ports with this keyboard.

Thanks.
Delano.
Jun 25, 2014 at 6:52 PM
I also did this:
http://smallvoid.com/article/winnt-ghost-devices.html
(Show hidden device in device manager) but it's not there either. So annoying. Hope ghostbuster can help me here.

Thanks for making it btw, it's awesome.
Coordinator
Jun 25, 2014 at 10:54 PM
Edited Jun 25, 2014 at 11:07 PM
Hi

There's not actual services but devices with some features I did not feel safe to uninstall (most of them are in the System Devices section and should not be touched at all cost). So it's just a label I added to prevent GhostBuster users to remove these entries.

I must dig into the code again (it has been a while since I visited/touched this part) to see what I can do (perhaps add force at own risk option).

Just had a look and devices marked as services have a service attached to them (under System\CurrentControlSet\Services) with the same name as the device. I'm not sure uninstalling a device will also remove the service so I disabled removal. Another problem is I cannot test it (luckily I do not have your problematic keyboard drivers ;-).

But I will have a look if I can create a special version for you without the limitation to try (at your own risk off-course).

Please send me a PM with your e-mail address.

regards
wvdv
Jun 26, 2014 at 5:38 AM
Edited Jun 26, 2014 at 5:13 PM
Hey man.
Thanks for being awesome and trying to fix this for me. If you help me remove this by actually creating something for me, that's just amazing. I will donate for that, If this can be fixed I won't have to re-install windows.

BTW in regedit I did found it under services, CORSGKB (corsair gaming keyboard I think), but only 1. Should I maybe just delete that from the register?

Thanks again dude!