Windows Server 2008 R2

Dec 14, 2015 at 6:45 AM
Hello,

First of all I want to thank you for this great little piece of software, it does great job.
The only problem is that it doesn't work with Windows Server 2008 R2 unfortunately, here is a screenshot:

http://i.imgur.com/MA9VtXR.jpg

I would really appreciate if you could fix this.

Thank you.
Coordinator
Dec 14, 2015 at 8:03 AM
Hi

Strange as i run it on a WHS 2011 as well, which is 2008 R2 based.

Can you please try the click-once installer version instead of the portable version?

Best regards
wvdv
Dec 16, 2015 at 6:22 AM
I've installed the .msi version. Same error: http://i.imgur.com/a7Hnm82.jpg
I'm executing the app on a RDP connection, don't think if it matters just saying.
Coordinator
Dec 16, 2015 at 7:31 AM
Hi

There where some issues with the portable version in the past.

I've just ran it again on my Windows Homeserver 2011 through terminal services. (WHS 2011 is a Windows Server 2008 R2 with Service Pack 1 (6.2.7601))

It runs at my server, so you're issue it's probably something account or policy related. I'll try to create a version with a exception dialog in the next couple of days and pm you a link to it. Hopefully that will give some better error message and a clue to the cause of the issue.

Best Regards
wvdv
Coordinator
Dec 16, 2015 at 7:38 AM
Hi

One question, when does the error occur, startup or when you try to remove ghosted devices?

Best Regards
wvdv
Coordinator
Dec 16, 2015 at 9:36 AM
Hi

I've created a test version where the most probable cause, creating the GhostBuster Eventlog, has been removed.

If you can send me your e-mail by a private message, I can send you the dropbox link.

Best Regards
wvdv
Dec 17, 2015 at 11:55 AM
I've just tested the version you sent to me on several machines with WinSrv2008R2, it works without an issue, no errors whatsoever.
Coordinator
Dec 18, 2015 at 7:16 AM
Hi

Thanks a lot for testing!

Saved me a lot of time trying to reproduce this policy/access rights related issue.

Best Regards
wvdv