GhostBuster Setup (111833)
Other Available Downloads
- Removed default event log creation to make GhostBuster more portable and solve a policy/access issue.
- A new command-line option /EVENTLOG has been added to manually create a GhostBuster event log.
- Set version to 1.0.6
- Updated code that shows a devices properties (context menu).
- Added new code to release comport that are removed but still in use.
- Note: it will not repair missing items in the comportdb (yet).
- Added opening the registry for either the device or the services key (if present).
- Made it possible to lift the services barrier and remove them too (IniFile). It will probably not remove the device's service that was detected and led to the labeling as service.
- New Installer based on Wix/WixBuilder.
- Version set to v220.127.116.11.
- Added a Portable Executable for Windows XP merged against .Net 4 Full Framework.
- Fixed certificate.
- Updated Paypal done button.
- Added menuitem for click-once updates check.
- Added menuitem to visit website.
- Set automatic update check to application exit.
- Set version to 18.104.22.168.
- Improved System Restore Detection (search for rstrui.exe).
- Flagged null guid device as system so it cannot be removed anymore.
- Added <No device class specified> to devices with an empty deviceclass.
- Set copyright to 2012.
- Version set to v22.214.171.124
- Added WMI based RestorePoint support
- Removed test code from program.cs
- Improved counting.
- Changed color of ghosted but unfiltered devices.
- Changed HwEntries into an ObservableCollection.
- Added Properties Form.
- Added Properties MenuItem to Context Menu.
- Added Hide Unfiltered Devices to Context Menu.
Good Program it saves me many times
on Oct 25, 2016 at 7:04 AM
Did what was needed. Little slow but that was windows fault not the app. Certainly faster than removing 19000 ghost devices manually.
on Oct 24, 2016 at 11:57 PM
Great app !! The heavy and annoying work becomes easy thanks to your work.
on Jul 31, 2016 at 9:12 AM
It quickens my machinne by unloading old junky drivers for devices that pass through my work computer. Great program for that, couldn't find any other on the subject though...
on May 30, 2016 at 5:54 PM
Opera does not support ClickOnce X
To install this application, save it and then open it. Opening it directly from Opera will not work correctly.